Be a style leader and forecast the latest trends
2020欧洲杯外围网站If you have a strong fashion sense and an eye for color and pattern, think ahead of the curve, and want a career at the center of the fashion and design industries, the Fabric Styling BFA might be the perfect program for you.
2020欧洲杯外围网站Stylists are a vital link connecting concept, design, presentation, and finished product. They not only define trends but visually edit concepts. Stylists work in many industries, for trend-forecasting companies, trend websites, and product developers, as personal stylists and photo stylists for fashion magazines and catalogs.
The BFA program explores design concepts, trend research, aspects of product design, and the preparation of presentation boards. In hands-on classes taught by industry professionals, you will study the role of fabric in fashion and learn about fabric design and styling.
Computers are essential to the design process, and you will master the computer skills needed to execute designs and prepare presentations. Courses in textile construction, fashion history, and business balance the curriculum. The program culminates in a student show, where you will present trend forecasts and portfolios to industry guests.
- FIT's Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fabric Styling is the only program of its kind in the country.
- Students have access to the exceptional resources of The Museum at FIT's Costume and Textile Collections and the Color Lab for class projects and research.
- Internships provide valuable experience in an industry, retail, or media environment. Internship sites have included Donna Karan, Westpoint Stevens, Banana Republic, Elle magazine, Vogue, Marc Jacobs, and Ralph Lauren Home, and Martha Stewart Living.
- New York City's stores, museums, galleries, and theaters are your extended classroom, and a constant source of inspiration.
In this program, you will:
- network with industry leaders at guest lectures, seminars, and off-campus events.
- showcase your work to prominent industry representatives and establish vital connections at the Senior Presentation.
- collaborate with other students on extracurricular projects in the Fabric Styling Club.